Scars on the body, especially the face, may tell a story, but sometimes they can mar the appearance or even limit function. In such cases, surgical intervention becomes necessary. Scars may be formed due to an injury, during a surgery or because of acne.
The most common facial scars are the ones left by acne, or pimples. The presence of acne scars, especially on the face, can have a profoundly negative impact on a person’s personality and confidence.
There are different types of acne scars:
- Ice-pick scars: These are called ice-pick scars because the skin seems to be punctured repeatedly by an ice-pick. They are less than 2 mm in size. These scars are usually found on the cheeks and nose.
- Boxcar scars: Commonly found on the cheeks and neck, they resemble chicken pox scars and measure around 3 mm.
- Rolling scars: These are wide (more than 4-5 mm) and narrow, and give the skin a wavy appearance.
- Hypertrophic scars: They are raised and lumpy, but less common than the other types.
Acne scar treatment in Delhi is provided by Dr. Vivek Kumar, an accomplished plastic and cosmetic surgeon. He uses the latest technology and most effective procedures to get the best results:
- Acne needle RF treatment: This procedure involves the insertion of micro-needles into the skin. It promotes collagen formation and resolves acne scars as well as wrinkles.
- Acne Laser treatment: A Laser machine is used for resurfacing the skin. This technology allows the doctor to go deeper than the epidermis to the dermal layer, leaving the skin scar-free.
- Chemical peels: Peels are recommended for milder acne. The acidic component of the peel sloughs off the outer layer of the skin, over a few days, to reveal smoother skin.
Scars are formed when the body is healing from an injury. While surgical scars are made keeping the site and aesthetics in mind, traumatic scars can be very conspicuous and large. However, they can be minimized by a scar revision surgery. Traumatic scar treatment in Delhi can reduce or remove the scar, improving the appearance and the function.
The aim of scar treatment surgery is to reduce the tension across the scar lines. Different surgical procedures are performed to achieve this:
- Z-plasty to redirect tension lines
- Excision and re-approximation of scar by using tissue expanders
- Combination treatment using surgery in conjunction with steroids or Laser, for complicated cases like keloids or hypertrophic scars.
The most appropriate procedure is determined after a thorough consultation, and as the go-to traumatic and acne scar surgeon in Delhi, Dr. Vivek Kumar is an expert in making the skin healthy, smooth and beautiful again.